Sunday 8 February 2009

Where does the time go??

It seems that every week just flashes by !

So the UK has been hit by the snow and we've had it up here as well.
It looked so pretty when I got in from work at 1am that I just had to 'christen' it and let the dog out in the front for 10 minutes.
He loved it! *Brrr*


And back to crafting...

I've put in my first [extra] large order with Stampin' Up! and cannot wait for my stash to arrive!
*Stalking Mr DHL on a daily basis*

A little heads up : Keep checking back for blog candy coming very soon!!

So in the mean time I've been making little gifts for friends to make room for my new goodies.

This one is just a little treat bag using the Stampin Up! clear cello bags.
I tried a new technique for the bow.

I punched two small rectangles about 1/4" apart and taking a small length of ribbon fed the ends of the ribbon through the rectangles from the front to the back. Then with the ends at the back thread them back through the rectangle on the opposite side and out to the front. This will result in the bow being flat and neat.
(Hope that all made sense!)




This weekend I made a trip to the Stitch and Creative Crafts exhibition at Manchester Central (Formerly the G-Mex Centre)

I love going to these shows, they have one there every 6 months.
I saw this card on one of the stands and I fell in love with this stamp.
It's by Penny Black and called 'Flying Stars'
Seeing this sample at the table made me NEED IT! Haha.


So here's my take on it...




And now Valentines day is fast approaching I made a few gifts.

And I couldn't forget Paddy!
He's already sniffing the draw where I've hidden it...




And one for Stu, I decided the steer away from the traditional red and just love the blue with the chocolate. What do you think?



And finally (I promise !)

A little card using Stampin' Up!'s love notes.



The rose at the bottom was inspired by Wendie Rhodes.
At the show she demonstrated how to make flowers out of ribbon. It is so so easy!
If I get a chance I will try and do a tutorial on this sometime.
It really is a great little accent.




So, I think I've rambled off enough for this week!
Hope you like my creations, please leave a comment. It really does make my day when I get them!

Thanks for stopping by, take care
x

9 lovely people have commented :):

Unknown said...

Hi Nicci - lovely to see your photos of the snow! I love your gift bags and think the one for the dog is just great! Gorgeous card with the PB flower too - it's a beautiful stamp. Lol Lynn x

Emma said...

What beautiful gift bags. Did your doggie find his prezzie ?

Nicci said...

Thanks. He knows there's something for him!

AuroraDawn said...

Wow Nicci, those little gift bags are really beautiful - given me a few ideas for gifts for the Admin Team at work - thanks.

I realy love that new stamp 'Flying Stars' - I guess I'm going shopping!!

Fabulous blog, so much inspiration.

ADxxx

Stephanie said...

Wow Nicci - I love all the little gift bags you've made - really gorgeous & your take on that card is so pretty - I prefer the colours you've used :) xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely cards Nicci :-) and the gift bags are adorable. I am going to have a go at one of those flat bows.

Cant wait to see your ribbon rose tutorial - I have a couple of stamps I think it would look great with ...

Fab creations

Carolynne H said...

Nicci, I love those pink & Teal cards, never seen anything like it! Theres an award for you on my blog... www.carolynnescraftybusiness.blogspot.com
Fab work... Im a fan!
Carolynne H xx

Clair Matthews said...

Loving the flying stars card Nicci - I have that stamp & its great..never thought of doing that with it though :)

Joy said...

oooh I have this stamp and love this card! will have to try it!