Monday 1 August 2011

Hello?

Hi everyone,

I feel I need to explain why I've been so quiet here for the past 8 months.

A lot of things have been happening in my personal life that I wont go into right now but I think it's fair to say it knocked me for six. Completely threw my life upside down.

I haven't crafted in 4 months now. This may sound strange as that is the first thing most people do when things get hard - it used to be for me too.

I suppose I just wanted to forget about everything, I would spend most of my time in bed.
I really didn't have the energy or drive to do anything, even the thing I loved most of all.

But anyway, I'm getting better. I have a lot of great friends and family around me which I'm so grateful for. They have got me through this and even have me itching to craft!

But right now I just sit at my desk and don't know where to begin, it's like starting all over again.

I'm not going to make empty promises about updating my blog every week because I don't think I'm there yet. Hopefully I will be soon, but somehow my drive has gone.

I am still an active demo, thank you all so much for your loyalty. This is what makes me want to do my 'thing' again.

Sorry for the long depressing post but thought you at least deserved an update and to know I haven't vanished off the face of the earth (although at times I wish I had!)

Hopefully I will see you all again soon

Take care
xxxx

8 lovely people have commented :):

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Nicci, nice to see you've been able to post something. Even without turmoil in life sometimes it's hard to get back to crafting if you haven't done any for a while, even though you once thought you couldn't live without it it's the same with blogging. For no particular reason I'm not blogging as much these days. Hope you manage to do some crafting soon and that it helps you on the road to feeling better.
Luv Anne xx

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Nicci - so good to hear from you. You look after yourself and take things one day at a time.
Hugs xx

Annette said...

Hi Nicci

You don't know me, but I have popped onto your blog now and then and am so glad to see your post.
Stay strong and know that you are loved by many. Take each day as it comes and do what you feel you can do. No promises or feelings of obligation. Look after No.1, YOU!!

Bug hugs

Annette

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! I'm sure you wont be sitting at your desk without creating something for long! Look forward to seeing something gorgeous on here soon!!

Alex said...

Nice to see you back with a post Nicci, you have been missed. Hope things are looking brighter for you as each day passes.

Take care of yourself,

Bye for now,

Alex x

Vicki said...

Hey Nic, nice to see you back, even if not on a regular basis. I'm sure your new start is going to be amazing for you and everything that went before has been a learning curve ;)

Oh by the way, have you deleted your facebook page or did you just not like us anymore......lol

Hugs
Vicki x

LME said...

Glad you are feeling better :)

nyobre said...

I wish you all the very best, Just take one day at a time.Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Love to you, from a fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Australia. Cheryl xx