Tuesday 16 March 2010

Happy St Patricks day!

Happy Paddy's day everyone!

I want to share a funny little card I made for my nan who's originally from Ireland (and still has the accent.)

Every year I send a little cheeky card and she loves them, very stereotypical though!


The little fella on this card is made completely from punches and I just added some ribbon to his hat and googly eyes.


The 4 leaf clover is made with 4 of the little hearts from the heart to heart punch and circles punched out for the gold coins.


I always love hearing of how my nan and granddad got together, they met during the war and became pen pals. They dated and my nan moved here, to Liverpool where she had my two aunties and my dad.

I think it's so lovely that they fell in love through their letters.

Sadly my granddad died before I was born but my nan's still going strong at 93 !

And before I go, has anyone noticed the little addition to the side of my blog up at the top? --->

Yes! I'm organising some classes, so if your in the Liverpool area have a nosey and see if there's one (or all) that you'd like to attend and don't hesitate to get in touch. There gonna be so much fun, I can't wait!

craftychick001@yahoo.co.uk or 07792457463

Thanks for stopping by,
take care.
x


4 lovely people have commented :):

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Nicci,
What a cheerful card. I love the way you have built this little guy up - his eyes are way out.
Your Nan sounds a wonderful lady.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Unknown said...

Stunning Nicci - love him he is such fun :-D

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

What a great card very inventive Nicci ;)
Anne xx

AuroraDawn said...

Such a gorgeous card Nicci,love your little Irish guy ... those coins are fabulous.